The broadcast, titled Japan Fighting Game Publishers Roundtable does exactly what it says on the tin. Bandai Namco, The program will star Arc System Works’ Daisuke Ishiwatari and Kazutoshi Sekine, Arika’s Ryo Nishitani, SNK’s Yasuyuki Oda and Nobuyuki Kuroki, Capcom’s Shuhei Matsumoto and Takayuki Nakayama, Koei Tecmo’s Yohei Shimbori, and Bandai Namco’s Katsuhiro Harada and Motohiro Ookubo.
The developers involved will talk about a variety of topics involving the fighting game industry and provide the latest information about their games.
The livestream will air on August 1 at 9:00 am Japan time.
The accompanying press release in Japanese reiterates the fact that Nioh 2 passed 1 million shipments in May, also adding that Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout contributed to generate profits with repeat sales.
Interestingly, we learned that the original Niohshipped 90,000 copies in the quarter.
The percentage of unit sales outside of Japan for the Entertainment business was 72.2%, while the digital sales ratio was 49.1%.
Interestingly, the presentation slides once more mention a release overseas for Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers among the future launches. Considering that the game launched in Asia in June, this is pretty much a confirmation that it’s coming west, albeit we don’t know when.
This was already hinted at in the previous report from April.
It will be hosted simultaneously on the YouTube channels of the developers and published involved, and below you can find one of the embeds if you want to watch it live.
Arc System Works
- Daisuke Ishiwatari (Guilty Gear series general director)
- Kazuto Sekine (general battle director)
- Akira Nishitani (Fighting EX Layer producer)
- Katsuhiro Harada (Tekken series chief producer)
- Motohiro Okubo (Soulcalibur VI producer)
- Shuuhei Matsumoto (Street Fighter V producer)
- Takayuki Nakayama (Street Fighter V director)
- Yohei Shinbori (Dead or Alive 6 producer)
- Yasuyuki Oda (SNK producer)
- Nobuyuki Kuroki (SNK director)
If you’re hoping to watch it live in the west, 9am JST equates to 1am BST / 2am CEST, and 5pm PDT / 8pm EDT the day before.